Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 4

I am on day 4. I have not had any meat in 4 days. I have not spoken to anyone online about this because I am not looking for a pat on the back or for someone to tell me good job. I am doing this because of personal issues that have come up in my life.

This started years ago. But this came up again about a month ago.

My little sister got her lip pierced and my mother took her to a tattoo and piercing shop to make sure she was ok. Thats where mom met a very nice Jewish man- he was about 23. He talked about a lot of interesting things from what mom told me. I wont go into detail about what he spoke about- because it wasnt about becoming a vegetarian and I dont want to confuse the subject of this blog.

But he mentioned science using pig hearts for human surgeries. He went on and said that pigs are the closest on the inside of the body to humans.

Thats where my mom comes in. She started having trouble eating pig thinking about it being too similar to human flesh.

She is NOT a vegetarian. In fact, I told her that I do not have an interest in meat anymore because I couldnt stand thinking about the flesh sitting in my stomach- she told me, "dont think about it and eat it."

I know she meant well. I know she is concerned I will not be getting enough protein. But, it would have been nice for her to understand instead of give me the feeling she wants me to just get over it.

Matt has been polite and quiet about it when I talk. The only thing he has said is, "you're not going to give up my bbq chicken right?"

I told my boss (who is a vegetarian) via email asking for assistance. His reply. Learn how to spell vegetarian correctly first.

So far, I have not had a strong support group helping me with this.

This is difficult for me. Im at a crossroad. I love the taste of meat, but it is really bothering me thinking about it.

This is a whole new life style for me. I really would like a friend who lives at the beach who understood. Maybe help me find a nice vegetarian restaurant or exchange some nice vegan recipes...

But for now, at least I have my own peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment