Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh No! Look out!! Its Marijuanna!!!

Wow. I just posted a blog yesterday (January 6, 2009) about voting ...org/ideas on my myspace at on my myyearbook.com/lizblackstone I didnt overly think about it. It was a good idea that I wanted to help support but I have a lot going on in life (I'll post a blog on it sometime in the near future).

I have the same routine every morning once I get to my office. Check my office emails and do what work needs to be done, and then I check my personal emails starting with myspace and then yahoo and then myyearbook. No one replied to the myspace blog which is pretty normal- I get lots of views on the blogs but not many comments which is cool. I feel appreciated just knowing people read my blog. So I was a bit surprised when I checked myyearbook page to find almost over 3 pages of comments on that blog. So this morning I prepared another blog for myyearbook and decided to share part of it on myspace to see if anyone had anything positive to add to the discussion:

I couldnt help but find some of the replying comments pretty funny~ Especially since it was a short blog about voting for a Department of Peace and it just mentioned other things to check out including a topic on legalization of marijuana (along with others including repealing the Patriot act etc). Yet somehow it sparked some fighting comments about the evils of marijuana.

(You see why I thought those comments were funny, right?! lol It was a blog about voting for peace and yet there was an argument about marijuana...)
Now that the can of worms has been opened, I guess I can comment a few words on the subject. I've studied the subject matter for years. Its interesting how people assume that just because you are for the legalization of the substance, that you are a lazy, irresponsible, hippie pot hot.

How come people don't go out on the streets protesting alcohol? My sister almost died because of a drunk driver. I have had friends die because of drunk drivers. I have had friends beaten by their lover under the influence of beer. And I dont care to think about the others- because there are too many personal situations that involve the negative side effects of alcohol and I understand the law of attraction.

I don't know anyone who has beat their wife after smoking weed. They usually sit down, eat and then watch TV. Or like many musicians I know who go to their room and play the guitar, piano, fiddle etc. or listen to music. Many artists I know sit down and draw the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen after smoking weed. The positive stories outweigh the negative.

The truth of the matter is that it was legal in this country before. It was not only legal but made MADATORY for farmers to grow!!

Thanks to propaganda the truth is often left alone. Humans have been using marijuana for centuries- for more than just medical purposes.

Did you know marijuana is the earliest known woven fabric which began to be used as a textile in the 8th millennium BC?

The United States first law issued in regards to marijuana was enacted in 1619 in the colony of Jamestown where it ordered all farmers to grow cannabis. In 1631 Massachusetts followed and then Connecticut in 1632. From 1331 until the early 1800's marijuana was even recognized as legal tender- mainly to encourage farmers to grow more.

In the early ages of transportation the ships used cannabis-hemp for fuel.

All the sails and rigging on all ships were made from cannabis-hemp due to the fact that cannabis was known to be highly resistant to salt and rot. Cannabis-hemp was once so significant and crucial to the navy that King Henry VIII made it a compulsory crop to safeguard supplies for making sails and rope. The USS Constitution used over 60 tons of hemp in her.

The vast majority of the world's fiber, fabric, medicine, paper, incense and lighting oil was made from cannabis. America's famous flag Old Glory consisted entirely of cannabis.

Early American settlers knew from experience that cannabis-hemp was softer and warmer than cotton, and had three times the tensile strength making it more durable than cotton.

Benjamin Franklin started one of Americas first paper mills using cannabis- NOT tree pulp. The revolutionary newspapers and pamphlets like Common Sense, the Declaration of Independence and many others would not have been published if they had to procure their paper from England . Until 1883 80-90% of all paper in the world was made from cannabis including bibles, books, maps, money and newspapers.

Marijuana is also widely accepted in the medical field and has been used by the Chinese for over 5000 years. Numerous published studies suggest that marijuana has medical value in treating patients with serious illnesses such as AIDS, glaucoma, cancer, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and chronic pain. In 1999, the Institute of Medicine, in the most comprehensive study of medical marijuana's efficacy to date, concluded, "Nausea, appetite loss, pain and anxiety . . . all can be mitigated by marijuana." Allowing patients legal access to medical marijuana has been discussed by numerous organizations, including the AIDS Action Council, American Bar Association, American Public Health Association, California Medical Association, National Association of Attorneys General, and several state nurses associations.

Henry Ford, inventor of the Ford automobile, recognized the utility of the hemp plant. He constructed a car of resin stiffened hemp fiber, and even ran the car on ethanol made from hemp. Ford knew that hemp could produce vast economic resources if widely cultivated. Ford's optimistic appraisal of cellulose and crop based ethyl alcohol fuel can be read in several ways. First, it can be seen as an oblique jab at a competitor. General Motors had come to considerable grief the summer of 1925 over another octane boosting fuel called tetra-ethyl lead, and government officials had been quietly in touch with Ford engineers about alternatives to leaded gasoline additives.

Curious about what cannabis can do for our country?

Check it out:

You don't have to drink alcohol because it is legal, and you don't have to smoke weed because it is legal. It is a choice you make as an individual. There are laws that help make drinking alcohol a responsibility and there should be rules to go with marijuana. Obviously there should be an age limit. Kids do not need tobacco, alcohol or marijuana. And if people are not supposed to drink and drive, it would be beneficial not to smoke and drive.

Its one of those things I find funny. The thought that if weed was legal there would be no rules or regulations and it would be pandemonium. OF COURSE there should be rules and regulations, AND the government can make money from the taxation! It would free up space in the prisons, which everyone knows are overcrowded from non-violent crimes including marijuana possession and selling. Wow, I guess I could go on for a while, but its your turn to talk about it. If there is enough of a discussion I will write another blog with interesting history on the subject.
Thank you for listening.

I wish only the best for everyone! Even the haters need love, and so i love them too.

Peace ya'll & Keep smiling.

P.S. Happy New Year everyone! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment